President Bola Tinubu is currently meeting with the former governor of Rivers State, Nyesom Wike the former governor of Delta State, James Ibori and the Oyo State governor, Seyi Makinde, at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
According to vanguard, Former Governors Wike, Ibori Makinde arrived the State House at about 4:20 pm.
Ibori and President Tinubu served as governors between 1999 and 2007, while Wike just left office after completing eight years.
Wike and Makinde are members of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and belong to the group of governors, the G-5, that worked against their party presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar in the February 25 elections.
Ibori was said to have worked for the All Progressives Congress, APC, in the last general elections as his candidate for the PDP governorship election lost to the candidate of the former governor Ifeanyi Okowa.
There has been unconfirmed rumour that Ibori may soon defect to the APC, having lost control of the PDP in Delta State.
Wike on his own is having a running battle with the leadership of the PDP.
- Kaduna Governorship Tribunal To Deliver Judgment Via Zoom, Dismisses Uba Sani’s Motion
- Hyacinth Alia: Laying Foundation For Bountiful Harvest In Benue By Bridget Ikyado
- 2024 Rankings : Top 15 Best Universities In Nigeria Emerges , See Lists
- Burkina Faso Detains Four Officers After Thwarted Coup
- Insecurity: Osun NSCDC Charges Officers On Proactive, Efficient Leadership