A former governor of Imo State, Ikedi Ohakim, on Monday escaped death by the whiskers.
But four of his police orderlies were feared dead in an attack by gunmen.
The gunmen attacked his convoy and threw explosives at it when they could not capture Ohakim.
The former governor (2007-2011) was attacked at Oriagu in the Ehime Mbano Local Government Area on Monday evening.
Ohakim’s backup vehicle was bombed, which resulted in the death of the four security detail.
- Naira Scarcity: Zenith Bank Staffs Flee Through Fence Over Fear Of Being Mobbed (Video)
- Tinubu Appeals To Nigerians For Calm Over Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity
- Just In: Buhari Meets Emefiele, Tambuwal, Others Over Scarcity Of Naira Notes
- Just In: Protest Rocks Ogun Over Scarcity Of Fuel, Naira Notes
- Poll: Obi In Ilorin, Promises To Make Kwara Nigeria’s Agric Hub
Opinion5 days ago
Ibikunle Amosun, An Unrepentant Deviant In His 60s, Heading Towards Political Armageddon By Olabode Ajibola
News3 days ago
Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
News2 days ago
Naira Re-design: Banks Not Hoarding New Naira Notes-ACAMB
News5 days ago
New Webometric Ranking: OAU Emerges 2ND