Four members of a family of five in Taraba State have died after being electrocuted in the Dinyavo area of Jalingo, the state capital, on Monday October 2.
The father, mother and two children were in their home when the electrocution occurred.
Residents of the community say they suspect that the electrocution was as a result of a high voltage supply from the national grid triggered the incident.
‘’This morning, there was a burst from the transformer. Everyone ran out and smoke followed suit. A few seconds later, everyone started shouting and before we knew it, a lot of houses were engulfed in smoke. I tried my best to rescue them, all to no avail because they locked themselves in. But when we succeeded in breaking the door, we realized that they were already electrocuted and that their neighbours were also shocked by the electricity supply and rushed them to the hospital.”an eyewitness said
The bodies of the deceased have been deposted in a morgue.
- Nigerian UK-Based Nurse Reportedly Sacked, Deported For Praying For Patient
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment