Aare Onakakafo of Yoruba land, Gani Adams, has urged Governor Yahaya Bello to replicate Amotekun, the local vigilance group being used to combat crimes in the South west region of the country to tackle insecurity in Kogi State.
Adams made the call at the 8th edition of Oodua Progressive Union (OPU) Conference tagged Kabba 2022 in Lokoja over the weekend.
Adams noted that though Kogi State is peaceful, but there is a need to beef up security.
According to Adams: “I urge our amiable governor to replicate the idea of Amotekun in Kogi state.
“The governor can give the state security outfit any name that suits its purpose. This will help in complementing the efforts of the federal government in securing the state.”
The Yoruba Generalissimo commended Bello’s efforts in driving the economic fortunes of the state.
He noted that the OPU congress in Kabba had really helped Nigerians in diaspora to know more about the state.
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack