An official of the Confederation of African Football (CAF) has reportedly passed on following the invasion of the Nigeria’s National Stadium by hoodlums.
Hoodlums invaded the Moshood Abiola Stadium in Abuja after Nigeria lost on aggregate to Ghana in the second leg of the 2022 World Cup qualifying tie.
As soon as the referee declared the match closed, a lot of angry Nigerian fans invaded the stadium complex, destroying the facility as well as causing havoc.
Dr. Joseph Kabungo, one of the CAF’s doping officials for the game between Ghana and Nigeria was caught in the crisis.
He was reported to have lost consciousness after he was beaten and stepped on as fans try to make their way out of the stadium due to stampede.
Reports said he has been confirmed dead, but Blueprint is yet to authentic the latest information as Nigeria’s sports officials haven’t made any comment.
Source: Blueprint Newspaper
- Final Warning: Release Nnamdi Kanu or Face Continuous War, Gunmen Lists Nine LGs To Attack In Anambra
- CityMirrorNews Today In History Pinpoints The Longest Cemetery In The World where Around 400,000 Labourers Were Buried
- Kano Explosion: Nigerian Air Force shifts 58 Anniversary Celebration
- Soldiers Fire Live Ammunition, Disperse Students Protesting ASUU Strike
- Teacher Seeks Divorce Over Fear Of Being Beaten To Death
News2 days ago
Killers Of Deborah Samuel Will Not Smell Paradise- Sheikh Gumi
News3 days ago
Funfair As Osun ALGON Chairman’s Wife, Mrs Comfort Abiodun Bows Out Of Service, Celebrates 60th Birthday
News5 days ago
2023: Osinbajo Garners More Support In Nasarawa, As Governor, Emir Of Lafia Describe Him As The Best Among Aspirants
News1 day ago
I Will Win Osun Guber Election With Dollars, Pounds, Says Ademola Adeleke