BREAKING: Appeal Court Rules Against Fresh Primary For Ogun PDP
Ogun PDP: Appeal Court Rules Against Fresh Primary
The Court of Appeal, Ibadan Division, on Monday, set aside a judgment of the Federal High Court, Abeokuta, Ogun State, ordering the conduct of a fresh primary by the Peoples Democratic Party.
Justice O. Oguntoyin had in a September 27 judgment ordered the State Executive Committee of the PDP to rerun the primary within 14 days in a suit filed by aggrieved members of the party working for a governorship aspirant, Jimi Lawal.
Delivering judgment in an appeal filed by the PDP, Justice Folasade Ojo declared the lower court was wrong in its judgment as only the National Working Committee of the PDP was vested with the power to conduct primary.
- Fracas: Kwara Govt Announces Temporary Closure Of Mandate Market
- Nkechi Blessing, Kunle Afod, Others Mourn Death Of Colleague Gbemisola Anjola
- Man Arrested For Impregnating 19-Year-Old Daughter
- JUST IN: Sanwo-Olu Orders N5m Payment To Driver Assaulted During #EndSARS Memorial
- Appeal Court Judgement Aligns With The Wishes Of Osun people- Philanthropist