Few hours to commencement of the governorship primary election of the All Progressives Congress(APC) in Ekiti, seven out of the eight aspirants have called for the suspension of the shadow poll
The seven aspirants with their supporters on Thursday stormed the party’s Secretariat located at Ajilosun Area of the Ado-Ekiti, the Ekti state capital to protest alleged irregularities.
The aspirants include Senators Opeyemi Bamidele, Dayo Adeyeye, Femi Bamisile, Bamidele Faparusi, Kayode Ojo, Olusola Afolabi, Demola Popoola and Kayode Ojo
They alleged that the State Government officials had hijacked the process of the governorship primaries, adding that the local government electoral committees were core loyalists of Governor Kayode Fayemi.
They accused the governorship primary panel led by the Jigawa Governor, Abubakar Badaru of compromise, noting the electoral process had been skewed to favour Governor Fayemi’s preferred aspirant, Mr. Biodun Oyebanji.
- ‘My Pedigree And Dexterity Will Bring Desirable Change To IBO Federal Consistency’- Kayode Oduoye Pledges
- OSPOLY Holds 7th Combined Convocation May 26
- Fresh Voter Registration Hits 9,238,991, Says INEC
- IPOB Is A Terrorist Group, Stop Members From Using Your Platform To Incite Hate, Violence, Buhari Government Tells Facebook
- 80m Nigerians Living With Hypertension, 26.7m Receiving Treatment
News3 days ago
Killers Of Deborah Samuel Will Not Smell Paradise- Sheikh Gumi
News4 days ago
Funfair As Osun ALGON Chairman’s Wife, Mrs Comfort Abiodun Bows Out Of Service, Celebrates 60th Birthday
News2 days ago
I Will Win Osun Guber Election With Dollars, Pounds, Says Ademola Adeleke
News2 days ago
Oyetola’s Campaign Council Blasts Adeleke Over Brag To Win Guber Election With Dollars, Says Osun Not For Sale To Highest Bidder