Five victims have been rescued by a joint task force of operatives of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, the Nigeria Police Force, and some residents.
The two-storey building in Kubwa, a suburb within Abuja Municipal Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, collapsed on Thursday night. The building is also housing a shopping mall.
One of the rescued victims, Hafeez Olayinka, confirmed that the building had collapsed on Thursday night at about 11:30 pm, but they were only rescued in the early hours of today (Friday), and had taken to the hospital.
Olayinka said: “We’ve been trapped since Thursday night. I have been here since Monday to fix up some things in the building.
“At about 11:30 pm on Thursday, we noticed that the building was collapsing, and we tried to escape. But five of us we were rescued this morning, and they took us to the hospital.”
- “I Didn’t Turn To Cat To Escape Arrest- – Sunday Igboho Finally Breaks Silence on DSS Raid
- Russia Presidential Election Set For March 17, 2024
- Three Officers Injured As Hoodlums Open Fire On NDLEA In Edo
- I Was Responsible For Breakup With My Ex-wife – Actor Ninalowo
- Osun APC Sensitisation: Omoworare Welcomes Party Leaders To Ife Federal Constituency
Crime3 days ago
Osun: Retired Judge In Domestic Violence Scandal As His Two Wives Cry Out For Help
News5 days ago
Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
News2 days ago
All Set For 2023 Akoraye Day In Modakeke
News2 days ago
Ago Owu Farmers Protest Alleged Invasion Of Farmland By Hoodlums, Herders (Video)