One Lawal Abubakar, 16, of Kasuwan-Gwari in Minna, suspected of attempting to exhume a body in Chanchaga cemetery has been arrested by police operatives in Niger State.
The spokesperson of the police in the state, DSP Wasiu Abiodun, yesterday, in Minna, said: “At about 10.20 a.m. on Saturday, the police operatives attached to Chanchaga Division arrested one Lawali Abubakar of Kasuwan-Gwari, Minna.
“The suspect was arrested at Chanchaga cemetery when he allegedly attempted to exhume a body from a grave.”
Abiodun said during interrogation, that the suspect confessed to have conspired with one Hamisu of the same address, currently at large, to get body parts and clothes from a body in the cemetery.
He said the case was still under investigation and that efforts to apprehend Hamisu were ongoing.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gunmen Kidnap Plateau Village Head’s Wife, Kill Son
- Insecurity: Matawalle Launches Community Protection Guards In Zamfara
- PDP Faults Planned BRT Fare Hike In Lagos, Wants Reversal
- Guber Poll: Osun PDP Gives Police 24-hour Ultimatum To Release Arrested Members
- Nigeria Lacks Selfless, Charitable Leaders — Senator Shettima
News3 days ago
Bandits Overpowering Us In Oyo Forests, Vigilante Group Raises Alarm
News5 days ago
Osun 2022: APC HoR Candidate Empowers Over 2000 Constituents, Seeks Support For Oyetola’s Re-election
News5 days ago
Osun 2022: Former Adeleke Running Mate, Factional Chair, Ex-lawmakers, Other PDP Chieftains Defect To APC
News4 days ago
Osun 2022: Adeleke Family Denies Alleged Negotiation With APC Presidential Candidate, Tinubu