Maiduguri is in a festive mood as residents await the arrival of Vice President, Yemi Osinbajo, on a one-day official visit.
The Thursday visit by Osinbajo is coming two months after a similar visit by President Muhammadu Buhari to the state, where he inaugurated some projects.
The vice president will be in Maiduguri to launched the Micro Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) program and inaugurate some completed projects by Gov. Babagana Zulum’s administration.
The projects to be inaugurated by Osinbajo include Doctors’ Quarters, township road, Resilience Commercial Centre, and a Mega Secondary School.
The vice president is also expected to visit an orphanage and Shehu of Borno’s Palace.
Speaking on the visit, Babagana Umara Zulum said: “May Allah make the visit hitch-free and of immense benefit to our resilient people, especially owners of micro, small and medium businesses, some of who are likely be selected by His Excellency, the Vice President, for Federal Government’s institutional support and funding”
- Just In: Nigeria’s Anti-graft Agency, EFCC Arrests Accountant-General, Idris Over N80billion Fraud
- One Good Turn Deserves Another- Prince Layade Eulogises Gov Oyetola, Canvasses For His Re-election
- Blasphemy: Tambuwal Relaxes Curfew In Sokoto
- Breaking: Police Commission Promotes Ex-EFCC Boss, Magu To AIG
- Court Remands 3 For Allegedly Stealing Owa Obokun Palace’s Transformer Cable
News5 days ago
Osun ALGON congratulates Chairman’s Spouse, Deaconess Comfort Abiodun On Her 60th Birthday, Successful Retirement
Entertainment4 days ago
Just In: Veteran Actor, Gbenga Richards Is Dead
News5 days ago
Osun ALGON Chair, Samuel Idowu Abiodun Extols Wife On 60th Birthday, Retirement
News2 days ago
Funfair As Osun ALGON Chairman’s Wife, Mrs Comfort Abiodun Bows Out Of Service, Celebrates 60th Birthday