The hideouts of bandits around Kambari village in the Karim Lamido Local Government Area of Taraba State have been bombed and many enclaves destroyed by the Nigerian Air Force, Daily Trust report.
It was reported that many bandits were killed in the operation, which started three days ago.
According to the report, ground forces involved in the operation reportedly captured many bandits and their informants around Gassol and Karim Lamido axis on both sides of River Benue.
Three persons were said to have also been killed around Kwatan Nanido in Gassol Local Government Area.
The bandits have been in Kambari axis for the past two months, and responsible for most of kidnapping and killings in many villages across Bali, Gassol and Karim Lamido local government areas of Taraba, sources revealed.
However, spokesperson of the Taraba Police Command, DSP Usman Abdullahi, confirmed the development, but said it was purely an Air force operation.
“We are aware of the operation but it is purely a Nigerian Air force operation and we cannot comment on that,” he said.
- Just In: Nigeria’s Anti-graft Agency, EFCC Arrests Accountant-General, Idris Over N80billion Fraud
- One Good Turn Deserves Another- Prince Layade Eulogises Gov Oyetola, Canvasses For His Re-election
- Blasphemy: Tambuwal Relaxes Curfew In Sokoto
- Breaking: Police Commission Promotes Ex-EFCC Boss, Magu To AIG
- Court Remands 3 For Allegedly Stealing Owa Obokun Palace’s Transformer Cable
Entertainment5 days ago
Just In: Veteran Actor, Gbenga Richards Is Dead
News3 days ago
Funfair As Osun ALGON Chairman’s Wife, Mrs Comfort Abiodun Bows Out Of Service, Celebrates 60th Birthday
News5 days ago
2023: Osinbajo Garners More Support In Nasarawa, As Governor, Emir Of Lafia Describe Him As The Best Among Aspirants
News5 days ago
OAU Students Protest Extended ASUU Strike In Ile-Ife