No fewer than four personnel of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) were killed today in an early morning attack by terrorists on the Galkogo community in Shiroro Local Government Area of Niger state.
Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr Monday-Bala Kuryas, confirmed the killing.
He also said that six villagers were killed by the gunmen.
Kuryas explained that the gunmen rode to the community on motorcycles, burnt down eight houses and a building under renovation, belonging to Joint Security Task Force.
He explained further that a detachment of police tactical squad and military personnel had been deployed to the area to track the criminals.
“We appeal to residents in the state to assist the security personnel deployed to the area with reliable information that could help in apprehending the criminals.
“We are all out to deal with any person or group of people undermining the peaceful atmosphere of our state”, he warned.
Chairman of Shiroro Local Government Area, Malam Suleiman Chukuba, told NAN that those injured in the attack were receiving treatment at a government facility in Minna.
Some of the villagers, who escaped to Minna, also told newsmen that the gunmen invaded the community on motorcycles at about 1 a.m. on Monday. (NAN)
- APC Clears Ex-Brigadier General To Contest For Osun West Senatorial Seat
- Pastor Offers Scholarship To Deborah’s Siblings, Promises Parents Better Life
- BREAKING: Amaechi Finally Resigns From Buhari’s Cabinet, Attorney-General, Malami, Refuses To Leave On Deadline Day
- Blasphemy: Suspects Arrested Over Deborah’s Death Remanded In Prison
- Gunmen Engage Military In Late Night Shootout At 3-3 Estate, Onitsha
News5 days ago
Obokun/Oriade: Alubankudi Steps Down For Odofin
News4 days ago
Osun ALGON congratulates Chairman’s Spouse, Deaconess Comfort Abiodun On Her 60th Birthday, Successful Retirement
News5 days ago
NJC Bars Filing Of Same Suits In Different Courts
Entertainment4 days ago
Just In: Veteran Actor, Gbenga Richards Is Dead