The Rivers State government has placed an embergo upon twenty four private schools and declassed eleven principals of government secondary schools for condoning exam malpractices across the state.
This announcement was made on Monday when the government was checking the list of thirty five public and private schools recently prohibited by the West Africa Examination Council (WAEC) for deliberately tolerating malpractices in the exam halls.
While reacting to the unwholesome act, the Rivers State Commissioner for Education, Prof. Kaniye Ebeku said the state government would not permit any form of misconduct during or after the exams.
Prof. Ebeku stressed that the ministry had engaged in a meeting with the affected schools to investigate the allegations, and to know the next cause of actions.
The aftermath of the meeting,“We have directed that For all private schools that were found in the list, their licenses of operation should be withdrawn immediately”.
“And for all the principals whose schools’ names were on the list,should be downgraded without further delay”.He added.
- APC Clears Ex-Brigadier General To Contest For Osun West Senatorial Seat
- Pastor Offers Scholarship To Deborah’s Siblings, Promises Parents Better Life
- BREAKING: Amaechi Finally Resigns From Buhari’s Cabinet, Attorney-General, Malami, Refuses To Leave On Deadline Day
- Blasphemy: Suspects Arrested Over Deborah’s Death Remanded In Prison
- Gunmen Engage Military In Late Night Shootout At 3-3 Estate, Onitsha
News5 days ago
Obokun/Oriade: Alubankudi Steps Down For Odofin
News4 days ago
Osun ALGON congratulates Chairman’s Spouse, Deaconess Comfort Abiodun On Her 60th Birthday, Successful Retirement
News5 days ago
NJC Bars Filing Of Same Suits In Different Courts
Entertainment4 days ago
Just In: Veteran Actor, Gbenga Richards Is Dead