The Alaafin of Oyo, Lamidi Adeyemi, has thrown his weight behind the Presidential ambition of Bola Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress, APC.
Adeyemi assured Tinubu that the ancestors of Yorubaland would help him become Nigeria’s next president.
The traditional ruler spoke when he received the former Governor of Lagos State in his palace yesterday.
Tinubu visited the Alaafin of Oyo to seek his blessing for his presidential ambition.
Addressing Tinubu, Adeyemi said: “If I check my list now, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the first presidential aspirant to visit me.
“All you the chiefs and traditional rulers, you have heard what our visitor said.
“He said our prayers are needed. All the ancestors in Yorubaland, get up and assist your son.”
Speaking earlier, the Presidential aspirant said his visit was to seek the support of the monarch.
Tinubu noted that he can’t become Nigeria’s president without the support of Adeyemi.
“All I came for today is to seek for your blessing, cooperation and prayers for me to become the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria,” he said.
- APC Clears Ex-Brigadier General To Contest For Osun West Senatorial Seat
- Pastor Offers Scholarship To Deborah’s Siblings, Promises Parents Better Life
- BREAKING: Amaechi Finally Resigns From Buhari’s Cabinet, Attorney-General, Malami, Refuses To Leave On Deadline Day
- Blasphemy: Suspects Arrested Over Deborah’s Death Remanded In Prison
- Gunmen Engage Military In Late Night Shootout At 3-3 Estate, Onitsha
News5 days ago
Obokun/Oriade: Alubankudi Steps Down For Odofin
News4 days ago
Osun ALGON congratulates Chairman’s Spouse, Deaconess Comfort Abiodun On Her 60th Birthday, Successful Retirement
News5 days ago
NJC Bars Filing Of Same Suits In Different Courts
Entertainment4 days ago
Just In: Veteran Actor, Gbenga Richards Is Dead