The Ekiti State House of Assembly has appointed Olubunmi Adelugba as the new Speaker of the House.
This followed the sacking of Gboyega Aribisogan on Monday by seventeen out of the 25 members of the House.
Here are 10 things to know about the new Speaker:
1. Adelugba is the first female Speaker in the history of the Assembly since the return to democracy in 1999.
2. She is a member of the All Progressives Congress in the state.
3. Adelugba was elected into the Ekiti Assembly in 2019.
4. Adelugba has more than two decades of work experience in rendering Audit and Corporate Advisory Services as well as Finance Consultancy.
5. She worked in Olusola Adekanola & Co as Principal Consultant, a team that started Accelerated Revenue Generation as a means of boosting State Governments’ Internally Generated Revenue.
6. She was in ActionAid Nigeria as the Management Accountant and ActionAid International Cameroun as Head of Finance providing a lead in the internal, international and statutory Audit support for the Countries’ program.
7. She served as pioneer Honourable State Commissioner for Labour, Productivity and Human Capital Development.
8. She was Special Adviser, Revenue Matters and Taxation, in the state.
7. She is presently the Managing Partner of Bunmi Adelugba & Co and Boomade Professional Services and also coordinates interface with clients.
8. Adelugba holds a Masters’ degree in Financial Management.
9. She is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria, Fellow of Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria and Chartered Public Finance Accountant.
10. She is a practicing Accountant and Tax Practitioner.
- Naira Scarcity: Zenith Bank Staffs Flee Through Fence Over Fear Of Being Mobbed (Video)
- Tinubu Appeals To Nigerians For Calm Over Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity
- Just In: Buhari Meets Emefiele, Tambuwal, Others Over Scarcity Of Naira Notes
- Just In: Protest Rocks Ogun Over Scarcity Of Fuel, Naira Notes
- Poll: Obi In Ilorin, Promises To Make Kwara Nigeria’s Agric Hub
Opinion5 days ago
Ibikunle Amosun, An Unrepentant Deviant In His 60s, Heading Towards Political Armageddon By Olabode Ajibola
News3 days ago
Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
News2 days ago
Naira Re-design: Banks Not Hoarding New Naira Notes-ACAMB
News5 days ago
2023: JDPMC Inaugurates Rapid Response Team To Swiftly Respond To Reported Cases Of Gender Based Violence