The Lagos State government accused Mr Nielsen of smothering his wife and child to death at 3.45 a.m. at their home in Banana Island
ByAgency Report May 20, 2022 1 min read
A Lagos High Court on Friday sentenced a Dane, Peter Nielsen, to death by hanging for killing his Nigerian wife and daughter.
The judge, Bolanle Okikiolu-Ighile convicted Mr Nielsen, 54, on two counts of murder brought against him by the Lagos State Government.
The judge sentenced Mr Nielsen to death by hanging on both counts.
The Dane was charged with the death of his wife and singer, Zainab, and their three-year-old daughter, Petra.
The Lagos State government accused him of smothering his wife and child to death at 3.45 a.m. at No. 4, Flat 17, Bella Vista Tower, Banana Island, Ikoyi, Lagos State.
Mr Nielsen was arraigned on June 13, 2018.
He pleaded not guilty to the two-count charge of murder contrary to Section 223 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Ansar-Ud-Deen Society Honours Asiwaju of Ikire Land, Oyebamiji With National Merit Award Of Excellence
- 21 Drug Dealers Jailed, 71 Others Arrested In Niger
- Kano Man Abdullahi Idris Docked For Sodomising 13-year-old Boy
- IBEDC Appeals To Customers To Pay Bills, Says Tariffs Are Fixed By NERC
- Just In: Buhari Swears In Ariwoola As Acting Chief Justice Of Nigeria
News5 days ago
Ortom: Why We Can’t Pay Benue Workers
News3 days ago
Oyetola Reappoints Four Commissioners After Losing National Assembly Tickets
News4 days ago
Just In: Osun Assembly Extends Tenure Of Caretaker Committees Of LGs For Another Six Months
News4 days ago
Plateau Baptist Youths Begin Annual Conference