Alhaji Musa Isa Mustapha Agwai, the son of the late Emir Of Lafia, has been relieved of his traditional title of Ubangarin Lafia by the Lafia Emirate Council.
In a statement signed by the Emirate’s Secretary, Rayanu Isa, on Saturday and obtained by Daily Trust, it stated that the Emirate council during its meeting on November 19, 2022, approved the immediate removal of Isa Mustapha Agwai as the Ubangarin Lafia.
The statement which did not explain the reason behind his removal maintained that Usman Isa Baba is appointed as the new Ubangarin Lafia.
Our correspondent reports that until his sack Musa Isa Mustapha Agwai was the third in command in the hierarchy of the traditional title in the Emirate council while the new Ubangarin Lafia before his current traditional title was the Dangaladiman Lafia.
While there was no cogent reason for the sack of the Ubangari, a top traditional holder in the Emirate council who spoke on the condition of anonymity told our correspondent that relieving Musa Isa Mustapha Agwai from his position of Ubangari could not be unconnected with alleged insubordination to the Emirate by the former Ubangari.Daily Trust
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
- President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box Before NASS – Doguwa Clarifies
Crime1 day ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News3 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News2 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News2 days ago
New Wage Commences In April As FG Approves N24tn For Salaries