The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, on Wednesday, confirmed that the construction of the 2nd Niger bridge is now completed and will soon be released to the public for use.
He stated this at an ongoing press briefing to present the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari’s (retd.) scorecard in Abuja.
According to him, the only factor delaying the commissioning of the road is the construction of the link road which the recent surge of flooding has impeded.
He said, “I can confirm that the second Niger bridge itself is finished. People can walk through the bridge now unimpeded. What remains is the four-kilometer link road on the Asaba side.
“Right now, our dredger is in place, we have to rebuild the road by reclaiming sand, the recent surge of flood has slowed us down. On the Onitsha side, there is a 7kilometer road that links the bridge and the Onitsha-Owerri interchange.” Punch
- UNIOSUN Warns Job Seekers About Fake Vacancy Advertisement
- Mother Of Kano Wanted Thug Hands Son Over To Police
- UNESCO Expert, DR SURAJ Seeks Global Solutions To Fake News Through International Research Collaboration
- BREAKING: Emefiele Remain In Custody As Court Adjourns Case Till January 18
- Kyari’s Reappointment: Skymark Energy And Power chairman Lauds Tinubu
News5 days ago
Court Reinstates 28 Disengaged Federal Polytechnic Ede Staff
News4 days ago
CJ: Committee Submits Report, House Writes Governor, NJC
News4 days ago
Encomiums As Children Donate 2 Boreholes To Ikire Community To Immortalize Late Mother
News1 day ago
Just In: Prominent Osun Traditional Ruler Joins Ancestors