A nine-year-old girl ostensibly impregnated by her father has been delivered of a baby at the United Bulawayo Hospitals in Zimbabwe.
The baby was born on Monday via a caesarean section. UBH acting clinical director Dr Harrison Rambanapasi said, “I wish to inform the nation that our nine-year-old has given birth at UBH. Our specialists performed the C-section in the early hours of today.
“The outcome is a healthy baby girl with a weight just above 3kg. Both the mother and the baby are in a stable condition.”
Meanwhile, the father of the minor, who was the only male relative she lived with was arrested in August when it was discovered that she was pregnant.
The victim said the abuse only occurred at night.
The Zimbabwean First Lady, Dr Auxillia Mnangagwa, visited the then pregnant victim on Saturday with groceries and other items. Pm News
- Naira Scarcity: Zenith Bank Staffs Flee Through Fence Over Fear Of Being Mobbed (Video)
- Tinubu Appeals To Nigerians For Calm Over Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity
- Just In: Buhari Meets Emefiele, Tambuwal, Others Over Scarcity Of Naira Notes
- Just In: Protest Rocks Ogun Over Scarcity Of Fuel, Naira Notes
- Poll: Obi In Ilorin, Promises To Make Kwara Nigeria’s Agric Hub
Opinion5 days ago
Ibikunle Amosun, An Unrepentant Deviant In His 60s, Heading Towards Political Armageddon By Olabode Ajibola
News3 days ago
Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
News2 days ago
Naira Re-design: Banks Not Hoarding New Naira Notes-ACAMB
News5 days ago
2023: JDPMC Inaugurates Rapid Response Team To Swiftly Respond To Reported Cases Of Gender Based Violence