By Nafisat Arogundade, Osun
Osun State Magistrate court sitting in Ilesa, on Monday ordered the remands of three middle- aged men in police custody over the alleged stealing of a transformer cable at the premises of Owa Palace, Ilesa Osun state.
The alleged suspects facing four-count charge are Owolabi Abimbola (33), Sulaiman Mutiu (25), Samson Oluwafemi (25), and others now at large.
Police Prosecutor, Inspector Adigun Kehinde told the court that the defendants on May 11, 2022, did conspire to stole and divert to their own personal use a transformer cable at the Owa Obokun Palace.
Adigun added that the Transformer cables value seven hundred thousand nairas (#700,000:00K) property of IBEDC Ilesa branch.
He added that the offense committed by the defendants was contrary to Section 516, 400, 451(6), 383(2) of the Criminal Code Cap 34 Vol ll Law of Osun State 2002.
The suspects pleaded not guilty to the allegations slammed against them
However, the presiding Magistrate, A.O Awodele ordered that the defendants should be kept in Police custody, till May 18 for hearing.
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack