By Nafisat Arogundade, Osun
Osun State Magistrate court sitting in Ilesa, on Monday ordered the remands of three middle- aged men in police custody over the alleged stealing of a transformer cable at the premises of Owa Palace, Ilesa Osun state.
The alleged suspects facing four-count charge are Owolabi Abimbola (33), Sulaiman Mutiu (25), Samson Oluwafemi (25), and others now at large.
Police Prosecutor, Inspector Adigun Kehinde told the court that the defendants on May 11, 2022, did conspire to stole and divert to their own personal use a transformer cable at the Owa Obokun Palace.
Adigun added that the Transformer cables value seven hundred thousand nairas (#700,000:00K) property of IBEDC Ilesa branch.
He added that the offense committed by the defendants was contrary to Section 516, 400, 451(6), 383(2) of the Criminal Code Cap 34 Vol ll Law of Osun State 2002.
The suspects pleaded not guilty to the allegations slammed against them
However, the presiding Magistrate, A.O Awodele ordered that the defendants should be kept in Police custody, till May 18 for hearing.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun 2022: Ijesa Monarch Sues For Peace Among Political Parties In Ijesaland
- FULL LIST: Electoral Body, INEC Releases Names Of Presidential Candidates, Running Mates Ahead Of 2023 Elections
- Bandits May Take Over Some States Before 2023 – Prof. Abel
- Fish Out Attackers Of Gov Oyetola’s Convoy, APC Charges Security Agencies
- We’re Dying In Dubai, Arewa Girls Cry Out
News5 days ago
NBC Publication Director, Adelokoji is Dead
News3 days ago
Osun 2022: NURTW Chairman Alleges Threat To Life By Adeleke, PDP
News4 days ago
APC Presidential Primary: TSO Congratulates Tinubu, Buhari, Others, Describes Exercise As Victory For All
News3 days ago
How We Escaped From Boko Haram Camp – Chibok Girls