Three students of the Plateau State Polytechnic, Barkin Ladi, have been abducted by suspected bandits, the police have confirmed.
The command also said it has arrested a suspect in connection with the incident while it is on the trail of other perpetrators.
It was gathered that the students, who recently resumed after a prolonged strike by state-owned tertiary institutions, were writing their examination at the time of the incident.
They were said to be sitting outside their hostel when the gunmen stormed the hostel.
Police spokesman, ASP Ubah Ogaba, said, “The Plateau State Police Command is aware of the kidnap incident in Ban Village behind Plateau State Polytechnic Heipang on the 12th January 2022, at about 20:05hrs where three persons were abducted.
“Immediately the report was received, a team of Policemen of the Command and Operation Safe Haven (OPSH) raced to the scene where one suspect was arrested.”
Ogaba said efforts are ongoing to rescue the kidnapped victims and arrest other perpetrators of the act.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Guber, Presidential Elections Will Be An Easy Win For PDP- Osun ASO Coordinator
- Osun 2022: Former Adeleke Running Mate, Factional Chair, Ex-lawmakers, Other PDP Chieftains Defect To APC
- Ilado Chieftaincy Tussle: Call Deji Of Akure To Order, Ondo Traditional Rulers, Olus Tells Akeredolu
- Cocoa Merchant, Adeniji, Decries Dwindling Production Of Cocoa In Nigeria, Proffers Solutions
- JUST IN: Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy Avoidable If INEC Had Functional Server – Uzodimma
News5 days ago
Oyetola Reappoints Four Commissioners After Losing National Assembly Tickets
News3 days ago
Make Yourself Relevant In All Spheres Of Life, Osun NULGE President Charges Members
News5 days ago
Top Nigerian Newspaper’s Columnist, Olagunju Donates Borehole To Home Town To Mark Father’s Day
Opinion4 days ago
Of Osun APC, PDP’s Campaign Outcome By Isaac Olusesi