Former Nigerian President, Olusegen Obasanjo has said nobody can threaten him over his choice of a presidential candidate.
Obasanjo said he had shed blood and gone to prison; hence nobody could threaten him about his choice of a presidential candidate.
He disclosed this at the Ohanaeze Ndigbo National Secretariat in Enugu State.
Obasanjo had visited the Secretariat in the company of Afenifere’s leader, Pa Ayo Adebanjo and Obi.
They visited the Secretariat to pay condolence over the death of First Republic Aviation Minister, Mbazulike Amaechi.
However, Obasanjo said: “I have shed my blood for this country. I have gone to prison for this country.
“So, what are you going to frighten or threaten me with? The only thing that my senior brother (Adebanjo) hasn’t done is that he hasn’t shed his blood but he has gone to prison but we will leave that aside.”
He said Nigeria’s problem was more national than ethnic.
The former president lamented that Nigeria was yet to have a leader with the right type of character.
“The problem we have in our hands in Nigeria is not ethnic. It is national. And for me, the most important thing in a leader is character.
“If I put my hand on someone, it means that comparing with the other, I see that there is a merit that will be of benefit to Nigeria,” he said.
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Foreign News3 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies
Crime3 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai