A journalist in Nasarawa state who worked with the state-owned media, Nasarawa Broadcasting Service, Salisu Maki, in Lafia town, has been abducted by gunmen.
The gunmen numbering nine on Tuesday stormed Maki’s residence shooting sporadically into the air to scare people away while they kidnapped the victim.
The incident occurred at about 9:30am along Akurba road, in the Lafia local government area, Nasarawa State while the victim had just returned from work, eyewitnesses said.
One of Maki’s neighbours said “he was kidnapped after arriving at his house from the office where he worked on the night shift.”
“When the man arrived in his house after closing from work, the gunmen stormed the compound and started shooting and took him away,” an eyewitness said.
The Police Public Relations Officer in Nasarawa State, Raham Nansel, confirmed the incident.
According to the spokesperson, the Commissioner of Police, Adesina Soyemi, has deployed different police formations in search of the group to rescue the victim.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Guber, Presidential Elections Will Be An Easy Win For PDP- Osun ASO Coordinator
- Osun 2022: Former Adeleke Running Mate, Factional Chair, Ex-lawmakers, Other PDP Chieftains Defect To APC
- Ilado Chieftaincy Tussle: Call Deji Of Akure To Order, Ondo Traditional Rulers, Olus Tells Akeredolu
- Cocoa Merchant, Adeniji, Decries Dwindling Production Of Cocoa In Nigeria, Proffers Solutions
- JUST IN: Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy Avoidable If INEC Had Functional Server – Uzodimma
News5 days ago
Oyetola Reappoints Four Commissioners After Losing National Assembly Tickets
News3 days ago
Make Yourself Relevant In All Spheres Of Life, Osun NULGE President Charges Members
News5 days ago
Top Nigerian Newspaper’s Columnist, Olagunju Donates Borehole To Home Town To Mark Father’s Day
Opinion4 days ago
Of Osun APC, PDP’s Campaign Outcome By Isaac Olusesi