The Independent National Electoral Commission has released the final lists of party candidates for the forthcoming governorship election in State of Osun.
INEC made the announcement in press statement issued by Information and Voter Education Committee Festus Okoye Esq on Tuesday.
The statement reads, “FINAL LIST OF CANDIDATES FOR THE 2022 OSUN STATE GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION
“On Friday 25th March 2022. the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) published the personal particulars and list of candidates (Form EC9) for the Osun State Governorship election in our State and Local Government offices as required by law.
“In compliance with the Electoral Act 2022. the Commission hereby publishes the final list of candidates for the election following the close Of nominations by political parties.
“The Commission wishes to remind political parties that under Section 32(2) of the Electoral Act 2022, any party that observes that the name of its candidate is missing from the list “shall notify the Commission in writing. signed by its National Chairman and Secretary, supported with an affidavit not later than 90 days to the election”.
“Furthermore. the attention Of parties is drawn to Section 32(3) of the Electoral Act 2022. which provides that failure to notify the Commission “shall not be ground to invalidate the election”.
“The final list is published in our State and Local Government Offices in Osun State as well as our website and social media platforms for public information as required by law.
Political parties are enjoined to note the provision Of the law for compliance.”
- 2023: Emir Lauds Jack-Rich’s humanitarian Strides In Bauchi, Urges Politicians To Play Politics With Decorum
- Police Nab Ogun Teacher For Defiling 13-year-old Pupil
- 2023: Osun NNPP Disowns Ajadi, Says He Has No Name In The Party’s Register
- ‘I’m In This Race To The End’-House Of Rep Aspirant, Olateju Denies Stepping Down
- Electoral Body, INEC Deploys 10,269 Electoral Officers For Ekiti Governorship Election