The police command in Ebonyi has launched a manhunt to capture the gunmen who attacked the people of Ohaogelode community in the Izzi Local Government Area of the state.
Police spokesperson in the state, Loveth Odah, who confirmed the attack on Monday, said the gunmen invaded the community late on April 10, killed several persons and burnt some houses.
“Some persons were killed by the hoodlums and several houses and property were destroyed in the community,” she said.
Mrs Odah, a Deputy Superintendent of Police, described the attack as wicked, saying that the Commissioner of Police in the state, Aliyu Garba, had beefed up security in the community with a combined team of military and policemen.
“Although, normalcy has returned to the affected community. We will not rest until the perpetrators of the heinous act are brought to book,” she said.
A lingering communal crisis between Ezza-Effium and the neighbouring Effium community in the Ohaukwu Local Government Area has claimed many lives over the years.
- 2023: ‘Nigerians Will Buy Rice For N80,000, Diesel For N1500 – Primate Ayodele
- Stay-At-Home: Gunmen Reportedly Kill Policeman, Pawpaw’s Brother, Attack Commissioner In Imo
- JUST IN : Croatia Dump Brazil Out Of World Cup, Qualify For Semi-Final
- Side Chicks Help Men Stay Committed To Their Wives – Relationship Expert, Blessing CEO
- Tension As Bandit Kill 90-Year-Old, Two Others In Fresh Gombe Attack