The monarch of Oso Ajowa Akoko in in Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State, Oba Clement Jimoh, who was kidnapped, has regained freedom.
The traditional ruler, who was abducted in his palace, was set free by the bandits after he had spent seven days in their den.
According to a family source, the monarch was freed on Wednesday evening and he had been taken to the hospital where he was receiving treatment.
“Kabiyesi regained freedom yesterday (Wednesday) evening but he has been taken to the hospital for treatment,” the source stated.
The source, however, did not mention whether a ransom was paid or not before he was released.
It was earlier reported that the abductors contacted the family and demanded a sum of N100million but later reduced it to N10million.
The Police Public Relations Officer of the Ondo State Command, Mrs Funmilayo Odunlami confirmed the development.
She said , “It is true the Oba has been released but our investigation into the matter is still ongoing.”
- JUST-IN: Senate Donates N109m December salary To Kaduna Bombing Victims
- Katsina Gov Joins Security Forces To Foil Bandits Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victim
- I’d Like To Die After Eating Pounded Yam — Adeboye
- Dignitaries Converge As 8th Osun Youth Ambassador Awards Holds Today
- I Became Minister After Bishop Oyedepo Prayed For Me – Betta Edu
News5 days ago
All Set For 2023 Akoraye Day In Modakeke
News4 days ago
Ifon/Ilobu Crisis: Ilobu Residents Raise Alarm Over Alleged Invasion, Destruction Of Farmland By Hoodlums
News5 days ago
Ago Owu Farmers Protest Alleged Invasion Of Farmland By Hoodlums, Herders (Video)
News2 days ago
JUST IN: Late Alaafin’s Son, Abdulfatai Is Dead