The monarch of Oso Ajowa Akoko in in Akoko North-West Local Government Area of Ondo State, Oba Clement Jimoh, who was kidnapped, has regained freedom.
The traditional ruler, who was abducted in his palace, was set free by the bandits after he had spent seven days in their den.
According to a family source, the monarch was freed on Wednesday evening and he had been taken to the hospital where he was receiving treatment.
“Kabiyesi regained freedom yesterday (Wednesday) evening but he has been taken to the hospital for treatment,” the source stated.
The source, however, did not mention whether a ransom was paid or not before he was released.
It was earlier reported that the abductors contacted the family and demanded a sum of N100million but later reduced it to N10million.
The Police Public Relations Officer of the Ondo State Command, Mrs Funmilayo Odunlami confirmed the development.
She said , “It is true the Oba has been released but our investigation into the matter is still ongoing.”
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Foreign News3 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News3 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies
Crime3 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
News3 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai