The Niger State Command of the Nigerian Police Force has arrested a 25-year-old man, Abubakar Mohammed Buba, for the murder of his father in the Chanchaga area of Minna.
In a press statement signed by the command Public Relations Officer, DSP Wasiu Abiodun, the suspect confessed to conniving with his friend to kill his father to inherit his property.
“He claimed to have committed the act in order to quickly inherit the father’s properties,” the statement read.
He said the deceased, Mohammed Buba aged 52 years, was attacked and stabbed to death at his residence.
The suspect led Police operatives to Tagwai-Dam where the body of the deceased was dumped after being severed and packed in a sack.
He confessed further to have contracted one 26-year-old Aliyu Muhammed to assist him in carrying out the dastardly act adding that he paid him the sum of N100,000 for the act.
Wasiu said efforts to arrest the fleeing Mohammed is in top gear.
- Ondo Bye-election: PDP Urges Leaders To Unite, Support Candidate After Primaries
- Retirees In Osun Unite Under One Leadership To Fight Their Course
- Good Governance Key To Sustainable Development, Oyetola
- [RapAround] 2023 Elections: Why The Twists & Turns Is Dangerous
- Osun NSCDC Commandant Charges Officers To Rededicate Themselves To Their Duties
News3 days ago
Akinrun: Residents Raise Alarm Over Outing Of Dreaded Masquerade, Labikolo, Saying Outing Will Cause Unrest
News4 days ago
Osun 2022: Ogunbiyi Has No Intention To Strike Deal With Ademola Adeleke – Campaign Office
News4 days ago
Famodun’s Outburst Confirms His Incompetence, Failure-Osun APC Faction
News2 days ago
Babafemi Ojudu, Tested Loyalty And Self Overrated Stature By Adeboye Adebayo