Man Sets Five Step-children Ablaze In Ondo
The Ondo State Police Command has arrested a 54year-old father, Mr Ojo Joseph for setting ablaze five of his step children at Fagun crescent area of Ondo town in Ondo State.
CityMirrorNews reports that the man alleged that his wife who is the mother of the children offended him over a little misunderstanding.
It was further learnt that the father who was said to have poured patrol into the room of the children while asleep and set the kids on fire and one of them was burnt to death.
Four other victims are currently receiving treatment at Federal Medical Centre, Owo while their mother and 18month-old twins escaped from inferno with minor injury.
Confirming the incident, the State Police Public Relations Officer, PPRO, Mrs Funmi Odunlami said the man had apprehended by the police for a case of alleged arson and murder.
The PPRO said further investigation would be carried out before charging the suspect to court.
- Fracas: Kwara Govt Announces Temporary Closure Of Mandate Market
- Nkechi Blessing, Kunle Afod, Others Mourn Death Of Colleague Gbemisola Anjola
- Man Arrested For Impregnating 19-Year-Old Daughter
- JUST IN: Sanwo-Olu Orders N5m Payment To Driver Assaulted During #EndSARS Memorial
- Appeal Court Judgement Aligns With The Wishes Of Osun people- Philanthropist