The National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS) has commended President Muhammadu Buhari on his efforts so far in tackling insecurity in the country.
Mr Emmanuel Adegboye, Southwest Coordinator of NANS, gave the commendation in a statement issued in Abeokuta on Thursday.
Adegboye stated that the President had done well in flushing out criminals ravaging the country’s North West region, saying the government had already taken steps in the right direction.
He noted that it was cheering news that the Federal Government had declared bandit groups as terrorists’ organisation.
The coordinator posited that the association was in support with the decision of the federal government.
He called on the government not to handle the issue of terrorism and Boko Haram with soft hand, saying that it would allow the citizens have more confidence in government.
Adegboye noted that government should continue to provide adequate support for all security agencies in tackling insecurity.
“This should be consolidated with a pro -masses and Nigeria judicial justice system that will not only try to capture terrorists but take a capital punishment decision on them.(NAN)
- IDF Congratulates Apetumodu On His Elevation As Vice-chairman, Osun Traditional Council
- UK Government Begins Plan To Ban Foreign Students To Curb Rising Migration Numbers
- Osun Police Arrest Two Men For Posting Fake Voice Note On WhatsApp
- Nigeria’s First Surveyor-General, Omoigui, Is Dead
- Osun Deputy Gov Urges Indigenes In Diaspora To Invest, Establish Business In Their Hometowns
News4 days ago
List Of Coordinators For Osun PCC Grassroots Engagement And Orientation Committee
Crime4 days ago
Mummy G.O Arrested For Providing Church Members’ Information To Kidnappers
News5 days ago
Just In: Osun APC Chairman, Famodun Becomes New Owa Of Igbajoland
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Buhari Unveils New Naira Notes