Part of Ideato South Area Police station at Dikenafai was Thursday set ablaze by yet to be identified gunmen who came in large numbers.
CityMirrorNews learnt that the Administrative Office, that of the Divisional Police Officer (DPO), and the reception were touched during the attack which also witnessed the release of some of the detainees.
Unfortunately for the escaping detainees, about three of them were caught by the local government vigilante who took them back to custody.
Commenting, the Chairman, Interim Management Committee(IMC) of the LGA, Pastor Bede Ikeaka, said he was shocked at the incident.
When asked to speak on the matter, the Imo Police Command’s spokesman, CSP Mike Abattam, said he had not been briefed.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Guber, Presidential Elections Will Be An Easy Win For PDP- Osun ASO Coordinator
- Osun 2022: Former Adeleke Running Mate, Factional Chair, Ex-lawmakers, Other PDP Chieftains Defect To APC
- Ilado Chieftaincy Tussle: Call Deji Of Akure To Order, Ondo Traditional Rulers, Olus Tells Akeredolu
- Cocoa Merchant, Adeniji, Decries Dwindling Production Of Cocoa In Nigeria, Proffers Solutions
- JUST IN: Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy Avoidable If INEC Had Functional Server – Uzodimma
News5 days ago
Oyetola Reappoints Four Commissioners After Losing National Assembly Tickets
News3 days ago
Make Yourself Relevant In All Spheres Of Life, Osun NULGE President Charges Members
News5 days ago
Top Nigerian Newspaper’s Columnist, Olagunju Donates Borehole To Home Town To Mark Father’s Day
Opinion4 days ago
Of Osun APC, PDP’s Campaign Outcome By Isaac Olusesi