According to The Nation, the Senate on Wednesday approved the sum of N74,773,601,916.30 as the 2021 budget of the Nigeria Police Trust Fund.
The approval of the amount followed the presentation of the harmonised report of the Senate and House of Representatives Committees on Police Affairs on the floor at plenary.
Chairman Senate Committee on Police Affairs, Senator Haliru Dauda Jika, presented the report.
Out of the amount, N988,279,006.05 was earmarked for personnel cost, N10,027,610,310.25 for overhead expenditure and N63,757,712,600.00 as capital expenditure.
- 2023: Emir Lauds Jack-Rich’s humanitarian Strides In Bauchi, Urges Politicians To Play Politics With Decorum
- Police Nab Ogun Teacher For Defiling 13-year-old Pupil
- 2023: Osun NNPP Disowns Ajadi, Says He Has No Name In The Party’s Register
- ‘I’m In This Race To The End’-House Of Rep Aspirant, Olateju Denies Stepping Down
- Electoral Body, INEC Deploys 10,269 Electoral Officers For Ekiti Governorship Election