Almost one year after he escaped from Oko Correctional Centre, Benin in the wake of the jailbreak during the #EndSARS protest, a notorious murder suspect, Chinedu Ogu has been arrested by officials of the Public Works Volunteers (PUWOV) in Edo State.
The fugitive who was arrested in collaboration with other security agencies who was in prison for murder charges was among the 1,993 inmates who escaped from the two correctional centres in the state on October 19, 2020.
According to the state coordinator of PUWOV, Mr Mukhtar Yusuf-Osagie, Ogu who was recently nabbed in Benin has since been returned to prison custody by men of the Nigeria Correctional Service, Sapele Road popularly called White House.
Yusuf-Osagie said that PUWOV has been working assiduously with other security agencies to eradicate crime and ensure lasting peace in the state.
The coordinator said that the runway inmate was apprehended when PUWOV officers accosted a commercial motorist who contravened the law.
Continuing, he explained that in a bid to resist arrest and incite passersby against his men, he stripped naked at the scene of the offence, passing out faeces which used he used to bathe the PUWOV officials at the scene.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Lagos Bans Okada In Four More LGAs
- Just In: Ogun Confirms 4 Monkeypox Cases
- LG Poll: Oyetola Won’t Allow Any Irritant To Dictate For Him, Famodun Tells PDP
- Subsidy Investigations: Our Statutory Role Is Tax Enforcement, Collection, Not Use Of Funds, FIRS Explains
- Just In: Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking To Void Sen Adeleke’s Nomination For Osun Guber Election