Socialite Ajibola Olaleye, popularly known as Gatuso, was on Saturday evening killed by gunmen at Townhouse Hotel, NTC Quarters in Ibadan, the Oyo State capital.
Eyewitnesses say Mr Olaleye arrived at the hotel just as the gunmen were leaving after robbing guests and staff.
He was making a phone call when the robbers shot him as at close range, probably suspecting he was calling the police.
His body was later evacuated and buried on Sunday according to Muslim rites.
The deceased was a supporter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) governorship candidate in the 2019 Oyo governorship election, Adebayo Adelabu.
He was also close to the late Governor Abiola Ajimobi and House of Reps members Shina Peller and Akin Alabi.
- Gboye Adegbenro Is An Exemplary Politician, Says Akeredolu
- Nigerian Soldier, Girlfriend Supplying Ammunition, Uniforms To Bandits Arrested In Zamfara
- Africa’s Confirmed COVID-19 Cases Near 3.94m
- Shasha Market Crisis: FG Sends Relief Items To Victims
- COVID-19 Vaccination Compulsory For 2021 Hajj — Saudi Arabia Health Minister
News4 days ago
Drama As Herbalist Escorts Sowore To Court
News5 days ago
Man Donates Family House To Christ Embassy, Leaving Family Members At Risk Of Being Homeless
News5 days ago
Photos Of Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala Resuming Work As WTO DG
News3 days ago
Chief Imam Offa, MKO Abiola’s Daughter, Oranmiyan DG, Associate Editor Of The Nation, Others Storm Ilorin For Olateju Birthday Celebration