Suspected gunmen have attacked one of the facilities of the Nigeria Correctional Service (NCS), in Oyo State.
It was gathered that the facility, christened Abolongo correctional facility was attacked by the gunmen Friday evening.
The gunmen set all the prisoners at the facility free during the attack.
Our correspondent gathered on Saturday that the attackers stormed the facility at about 10pm on Friday.
It was gathered that the attackers used grenades to gain access and set prisoners free.
Spokesman for the Nigerian Correctional Service (NCS) in the state, Olanrewaju Anjorin confirmed the attack to on Saturday.
Anjorin in a telephone conversation with newsmen on Saturday morning, said that the senior officers of the agency were on their way to access the level of damage.
He said, “Yes. It has been confirmed that the attack actually happened.
“And right now, the comptroller of Nigerian Correctional Service (NCS) and other top officers are assessing the situation.
“But, I can confirm to you that the incident actually happened”.
- Osun Remains One Of Cleanest States In Nigeria-Govt
- Travel Ban: British ban Nigeria is discrimination, we will retaliate – Lai Mohammed
- N-Power Batch C-Steam 1 – Authority To Commence Unscheduled Visit To Osun
- 2023: ‘I won’t Disappoint You By Not Running’ — Gov Bello Assures Kebbi, Sokoto Stakeholders
- FG Hails Osun Govt On Giant Strides Towards Developing Mineral Potentials
News3 days ago
Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
News2 days ago
Federal College Staff In Trouble For Allegedly Raping Student
News4 days ago
Akin Ogunbiyi Bags OAU Distinguished Alumnus Award
News4 days ago
APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition