An arms smuggler has been apprehended in Nasarawa State.
The man identified as Likita was caught with 52 magazines and over 200 live ammunition.
A joint team of the Police and the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) apprehended him at Alushi junction in Akwanga.
His colleagues are on their way on motorcycles to Jos, Likita reportedly disclosed.
The suspect is being detained at Akwanga Police Divisional headquarters. The State Command will issue a statement.
Last Saturday, a convoy of buses was attacked at Rukuba Road in Jos North Local Government Area.
More than twenty persons were killed and dozens wounded. The victims were returning from Bauchi to Akure, the Ondo capital.
The Police has deployed additional assets to Plateau to restore law and order amid fears of reprisals.
- “I Didn’t Turn To Cat To Escape Arrest- – Sunday Igboho Finally Breaks Silence on DSS Raid
- Russia Presidential Election Set For March 17, 2024
- Three Officers Injured As Hoodlums Open Fire On NDLEA In Edo
- I Was Responsible For Breakup With My Ex-wife – Actor Ninalowo
- Osun APC Sensitisation: Omoworare Welcomes Party Leaders To Ife Federal Constituency
Crime3 days ago
Osun: Retired Judge In Domestic Violence Scandal As His Two Wives Cry Out For Help
News5 days ago
Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
News2 days ago
All Set For 2023 Akoraye Day In Modakeke
News2 days ago
Ago Owu Farmers Protest Alleged Invasion Of Farmland By Hoodlums, Herders (Video)