Osun State Police Command on Wednesday arraigned a journalist, Mr Sikiru Obarayese, who was arrested during EndSars Memorial protest in Osogbo, Osun State capital.
Police Prosecutor, Inspector Adeoye Kayode had told the court that , Obarayese, a reporter working with an online newspaper, Daily Post, allegedly conducted himself in a manner likely to cause a breach of peace by videoing Divisional police officer, Dugbe, CSP Oyegbade Akinloye.
Adeoye further accused the reporter of assaulting the DPO while on duty.
He said the accused committed the offence at about 1:pm at Old Garage area , Osogbo.
The alleged offence according to the prosecutor was contrary to and punishable under 249(D) and 356 of the criminal code cap 34 law of Osun state.
But, the suspect pleaded not guilty to the allegations slammed against him.
Prosecutor had earlier informed the court about his intention to withdraw the case.
According to the prosecutor , the Commissioner of Police had intervened and had directed them to discontinue the case.
In her ruling, Magistrate O. A. Daramola, in line with the application for withdrawal made by the prosecutor, struck out the case and discharged the journalist.
- An Estimated 600,000 Nigerians Have Died In The Past Six Years Due To Usages Of Charcoal, Kerosene – Osinbajo
- Bullying: Our Value System Is Upside Down – VC, Babcock University
- Nigeria’s insecurity will help investors make more money: Femi Adesina
- Woman Alleged Of Having Affairs With Offa Poly Rector Reacts, Describes Ex-Husband As A Sinking Fellow Who Wants To Pull People Down
- “We Have Arrested Two Dowen students At Large, Three In Police Custody On Sylvester Oromoni” – Lagos CP
News3 days ago
Federal College Staff In Trouble For Allegedly Raping Student
News4 days ago
Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Driver
News2 days ago
Police Reveal Identity Of Officer Who Kill Rig Operator In Osogbo
News5 days ago
APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition