Operatives of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested two protesters at the Lekki tollgate where the #EndSARS Memorial Protest is scheduled to hold in the state today.
One of those arrested claimed to be a journalist while the other was seen carrying a placard.
The police had reportedly warned that anyone seen at the tollgate without an ID card will be arrested.
The arrested journalist told newsmen that he works with LegitTV and that his phone, driver’s license and other documents were taken away from him.
Speaking from a Lagos State Task Force van where he was kept by the police, the journalist who identified himself as Abisola stated that he lost his ID card in transit.
About 30 police trucks and armed personnel are currently at the tollgate to enforce a ban on protests issued by the police command.
- Retirees In Osun Unite Under One Leadership To Fight Their Course
- Good Governance Key To Sustainable Development, Oyetola
- [RapAround] 2023 Elections: Why The Twists & Turns Is Dangerous
- Osun NSCDC Commandant Charges Officers To Rededicate Themselves To Their Duties
- Corps Member Absconds From Service after Allegedly Defiling Minor In Bayelsa
News3 days ago
Akinrun: Residents Raise Alarm Over Outing Of Dreaded Masquerade, Labikolo, Saying Outing Will Cause Unrest
News4 days ago
Osun 2022: Ogunbiyi Has No Intention To Strike Deal With Ademola Adeleke – Campaign Office
News4 days ago
Famodun’s Outburst Confirms His Incompetence, Failure-Osun APC Faction
News2 days ago
Babafemi Ojudu, Tested Loyalty And Self Overrated Stature By Adeboye Adebayo