There is pandemonium in some areas in Osogbo, Osun state capital early Tuesday morning as some youths suspected to be internet fraudsters, (Yahoo boys) were said to have resisted arrest by alleged operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Offence Commission.
It was gathered the EFCC operatives sneaker in the state capital to arrest suspected fraudsters but were waylaid on their way out after arresting some suspects and seized about 20 exotic cars.
The operatives, it was gathered had to run into safety to avoid being mobbed by the angry youths, who set bonfire at Lameco junction in the state capital.
Confirming the incident, Osun police Command spokesperson, Yemisi Opalola told Vanguard newspaper that they have been trying to control the situation from further escalation.
“We are aware of the situation, we are now trying to appease the protesters and clear the bonfire so that people can go about their lawful duties without fear of harassment”, she said.
- Just In: Customs Busts Pangolin Scales Exporters In Lagos, 3 Suspects Arrested
- Osun House Of Assembly Sets To Pass Grazing Bill Into Law, Itemizes Benefits
- As Floods Ravage Osogbo, PDP Accuses Osun Govt Of Neglecting Critical Infrastructure
- Ward Congress: Osun APC Appreciates Members
- Floods Dislodge Residents, Wreak Havoc In Osogbo
South West News3 days ago
Imesi-Ile History Book launched In Osogbo, Author Says It Took 45 Years To Finish
Entertainment5 days ago
Just In: Nollywood Actress Racheal Oniga Is Dead
News3 days ago
Hijrah Year 1443 Celebration: Osun Muslim Community Urges FG To Redouble Effort In Tackling Insecurity
News2 days ago
Lagos Socialite Laide Oropo Is Dead