The Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Abdulrasheed Bawa, has revealed that the former Governor of Abia State, Orji Kalu, will be “prosecuted all over again”.
Bawa stated this on Thursday while speaking with State House reporters at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
Recall that Kalu had been convicted up to the Court of Appeal before the Supreme Court set him free on technical grounds.
Bawa also said the EFCC was set to begin prosecution of 800 new corruption cases.
He revealed that since his assumption, a number of recoveries have been made including N6 billion, $161 million, £13,000 pounds, €1,730 among others.
Internet fraudsters numbering 1,502 have also been apprehended between January to June 2021 and efforts are underway to file about 800 of them.
A hundred cases will be filed in court, he said.
- Breaking: UNIPORT’s Deputy VC-designate Prof Efemini Dies Suddenly
- EFCC Quizzes, Grills Saraki Over Alleged Fund Misappropriation
- Ward Congress: Ex-Osun Speaker, Salam Faults Process, Accuses Committee Of Bias
- APC Ward Congress: Due Process Not Followed In Kano — National Party Chair Aspirant Alleges
- Gospel Singer, Tope Ajogbajesu Dies
News5 days ago
Breaking: Benin Republic Files New Charges Against Sunday Igboho
News5 days ago
Boko Haram Releases Photos Of Abducted Soldiers, Protocol Officers
Sports5 days ago
Breaking: Naomi Osaka Knocked Out Of Tokyo Games
News4 days ago
Minor Allegedly Defiled By Baba Ijesha Testifies In Camera