A gun battle has taken place between men of the Anambra State Police Command and some unknown gunmen.
The sad incident it was gathered happened at 9:30am on Tuesday, October 12.
It was gathered that the police later successfully repelled the attack at Odata Central School, beside St Martin’s Church, Ihiala.
A statement released by the spokesperson of the command, DSP Ikenga Tochukwu, says preliminary investigations revealed that the hoodlums started shooting sporadically while arriving Odata Central School but they were successfully repelled by Police operatives and military on ground. No casualty was recorded by the police.
He added that exhibits recovered include: one AK 47 rifle; two magazines with 30 rounds of ammunition; one Lexus 350 Jeep, one Rav 4 Jeep, one Mercedes Benz and a Toyota Corolla.
Meanwhile, normalcy has been restored and operations are ongoing in the area for possible arrest of fleeing gang members.
- Good Governance Key To Sustainable Development, Oyetola
- [RapAround] 2023 Elections: Why The Twists & Turns Is Dangerous
- Osun NSCDC Commandant Charges Officers To Rededicate Themselves To Their Duties
- Corps Member Absconds From Service after Allegedly Defiling Minor In Bayelsa
- Panic As Bandits Notify Four Zamfara Communities Of Attacks, Demand N32m
News3 days ago
Akinrun: Residents Raise Alarm Over Outing Of Dreaded Masquerade, Labikolo, Saying Outing Will Cause Unrest
News4 days ago
Osun 2022: Ogunbiyi Has No Intention To Strike Deal With Ademola Adeleke – Campaign Office
News4 days ago
Famodun’s Outburst Confirms His Incompetence, Failure-Osun APC Faction
News5 days ago
Tinubu’s Detractors Are Enemies Of Nigerians – DOJ