Daniel Salka, the hamlet head of Sabon Layi Kwara, has been suspended for beating his wife, Hajara to death.
Iliya Habila, Chairman, Bogoro Local Government Council of Bauchi State, suspended Salka, over the suspected violence that led to the death of his wife.
The council’s Director of Administration and General Services, Marcus Nehemiah, revealed this in a letter addressed to the suspended village head and made available to journalists on Sunday.
He said the suspension was with immediate effect pending the conclusion of the investigation by the police.
According to Nehemiah, the suspended hamlet head, a retired Assistant Superintendent of Police, was alleged to have beaten his wife to death on April 19, 2021.
He said that Salka was arrested by a combined team of vigilantes and operatives of the Department of State Services on April 26, 2021, in the Bayara suburb and handed over to the police in Bogoro for investigation and possible prosecution.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- NACETEM To Hold Dissemination Workshop On Design And Impact Of An Apprenticeship-based Entrepreneurship Intervention In Nigeria
- Just In: IBB’s Spokesman, Chief Duro Onabule, Is Dead
- Cultists Supremacy Tussle: Amotekun Arrests 15 Over Killings, Robbery In Ogun
- Boundaries Between Nigeria, Neighbours Artificial, Says Gambari
- Constitutional Amendment : Osun Assembly Approves financial Independence Of State Assemblies and Judiciary
News5 days ago
Osun-Osogbo Festival: Devotees Defy Govt Warning, Drink ‘Healing Water’ From River
News3 days ago
Five Famous Countries Where Women Marry Multiple Husbands
News2 days ago
Man Electrocuted While Stealing Transformer Cables In Osogbo
News2 days ago
At Last, OSIEC Announces Date For Local Government Election