By Segun Ojo, Ilesa
A former Osun State Governor and Chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Prince Olagunsoye Oyinlola has faulted the Nigeria 1999 Constitution for not specifying the position and duty between the president,vice president, governor and deputy governor.
He narrated this while featuring on a programme on unique fm and freedom tv,ilesa. Saying the constitution doesn’t out list duty of office between governor and the deputy,that the deputy only act according to duty deligated by the Governor.
Stressing that this lapses from the constitution has always created mayhem between past and present democratic government.
He said,this has been the cause of mayhem between Chief Obafemi Awolowo and Chief Akintola, Chief Bola Ige and Chief S.M Afolabi,Chief Adebisi Akande and Dr. Omisoro,Omoboriowo and Adekunle Ajasin ,Bola Ahmed Tinubu and Kofoworola respectively.
“There is no specific roles stipulated in the constitution for the Deputy Governor.
“When I was the Governor I assigned my Deputy, Erelu Olusola Obada to be in the charge of the Local government related matters.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Guber, Presidential Elections Will Be An Easy Win For PDP- Osun ASO Coordinator
- Osun 2022: Former Adeleke Running Mate, Factional Chair, Ex-lawmakers, Other PDP Chieftains Defect To APC
- Ilado Chieftaincy Tussle: Call Deji Of Akure To Order, Ondo Traditional Rulers, Olus Tells Akeredolu
- Cocoa Merchant, Adeniji, Decries Dwindling Production Of Cocoa In Nigeria, Proffers Solutions
- JUST IN: Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy Avoidable If INEC Had Functional Server – Uzodimma
News5 days ago
Oyetola Reappoints Four Commissioners After Losing National Assembly Tickets
News3 days ago
Make Yourself Relevant In All Spheres Of Life, Osun NULGE President Charges Members
News5 days ago
Top Nigerian Newspaper’s Columnist, Olagunju Donates Borehole To Home Town To Mark Father’s Day
Opinion4 days ago
Of Osun APC, PDP’s Campaign Outcome By Isaac Olusesi