Some persons suspected to be hoodlums have razed the Ubani Market Police station in the Bende Local Government Area of Abia State.
According to Daily Trust, the armed men invaded the station in the wee hours of Sunday.
No life was lost in the incident as policemen had relocated from the place days before the incident.
It was gathered that the officers working in the station were moved to a station at nearby TradeMoore Housing Estate.
This is the latest attack on a police facility since a campaign of violence was launched in the South-East by gunmen the Nigerian government has identified as members of the Eastern Security Network (ESN), the security arm of the proscribed Indigenous of Biafra (IPOB).
The lives of many security operatives have been cut short in the line of duty since the attacks started.
- Breaking: UNIPORT’s Deputy VC-designate Prof Efemini Dies Suddenly
- EFCC Quizzes, Grills Saraki Over Alleged Fund Misappropriation
- Ward Congress: Ex-Osun Speaker, Salam Faults Process, Accuses Committee Of Bias
- APC Ward Congress: Due Process Not Followed In Kano — National Party Chair Aspirant Alleges
- Gospel Singer, Tope Ajogbajesu Dies
News5 days ago
Breaking: Benin Republic Files New Charges Against Sunday Igboho
News5 days ago
Boko Haram Releases Photos Of Abducted Soldiers, Protocol Officers
News4 days ago
Minor Allegedly Defiled By Baba Ijesha Testifies In Camera
Sports5 days ago
Breaking: Naomi Osaka Knocked Out Of Tokyo Games