Why We Arrested Sowore – FCT Abuja Police
Spokesperson for the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Police Command, ASP Mariam Yusuf, has said that Omoyele Sowore was arrested for unlawfully gathering at very odd hours.
According to her, Sowore’s gathering alongside others caused tension among residents of Gudu and Lokogoma areas of the FCT.
ASP Mariam said this in an interview with the Nigerian Tribune as she confirmed the arrest of the activist alongside four others.
ASP Mariam said that the arrest was made in a swift response to a distress call received from a resident in the area around 00:30 am on Friday, January 1, 2021.
The police spokesperson explained that a discreet investigation into the matter has been ordered by the Commissioner of Police, CP Bala Ciroma.
She assured that the suspects would be arraigned before a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Osun: Owoeye-led 7th Assembly Winds Down With 32 Bills, 38 Resolutions
- Presidential Poll : I Signed Result Sheet For Nasarawa Under Duress – PDP Witness Tells Court
- Drama As Suspect Jumps Through Court Window, Flees After Remand Order
- Subsidy: Judiciary, Health Workers, Others Commence Mobilisation For Strike
- Health Workers Suspend Strike For 21 Days After Meeting Tinubu