Spokesperson for the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Police Command, ASP Mariam Yusuf, has said that Omoyele Sowore was arrested for unlawfully gathering at very odd hours.
According to her, Sowore’s gathering alongside others caused tension among residents of Gudu and Lokogoma areas of the FCT.
ASP Mariam said this in an interview with the Nigerian Tribune as she confirmed the arrest of the activist alongside four others.
ASP Mariam said that the arrest was made in a swift response to a distress call received from a resident in the area around 00:30 am on Friday, January 1, 2021.
The police spokesperson explained that a discreet investigation into the matter has been ordered by the Commissioner of Police, CP Bala Ciroma.
She assured that the suspects would be arraigned before a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Again, Abuja Residents Attack, Loot Truck Carrying Food Items
- Falana Tells Nigerians To Ask Tinubu If FG Still Pays Fuel Subsidy
- Two Suspected Witches Stoned, Burnt
- Inauguration Of $800M Geometric Power Plant: Forum Of South-East Academic Doctors Congratulates Prof Nnaji
- Tinubu Still Pays Massive Amount Monthly As Petrol Subsidy – Pinnacle Oil MD
Entertainment4 days ago
Breaking: Yoruba Nollywood Actor, Sisi Qadri Is Dead
News2 days ago
Ondo 2024: Battle For APC Delegates List Takes Centre Stage
News4 days ago
Osun: LGEA Chairperson, Babaniyi Charges Parents To Take Education Of Their Children Seriously
News3 days ago
Osun: Encomium As Sheri- Care Foundation Distributes Palliatives To Ilesa Residents