According to a Daily Post report, the Katsina State Police Command has paraded three alleged fraudsters for circulating fake naira notes in the state.
The state’s Police Public Relations Officer, SP. Gambo Isah in a press statement identified the three suspects as Anas Lawal, Abdulaziz Wada and Tasi’u Umar.
SP. Gambo said luck ran out on the suspects when Anas Lawal who had in his possession bundles of fake Naira notes to the tune of six hundred thousand Naira was arrested by a police team on patrol, along Funtua – Katsina Road.
The statement further revealed that the suspects in the course of the investigation confessed to have received fake notes to the tune of one million Naira from one Usman Gombe, who is currently at large.
The suspect further revealed that he sold a bundle of the fake currency to one Tasi’u Nura, at the cost of twenty thousand Naira.
The Police image maker said efforts are ongoing to bring to book other accomplices involved in the fraud.
- Good Governance Key To Sustainable Development, Oyetola
- [RapAround] 2023 Elections: Why The Twists & Turns Is Dangerous
- Osun NSCDC Commandant Charges Officers To Rededicate Themselves To Their Duties
- Corps Member Absconds From Service after Allegedly Defiling Minor In Bayelsa
- Panic As Bandits Notify Four Zamfara Communities Of Attacks, Demand N32m
News3 days ago
Akinrun: Residents Raise Alarm Over Outing Of Dreaded Masquerade, Labikolo, Saying Outing Will Cause Unrest
News4 days ago
Osun 2022: Ogunbiyi Has No Intention To Strike Deal With Ademola Adeleke – Campaign Office
News4 days ago
Famodun’s Outburst Confirms His Incompetence, Failure-Osun APC Faction
News2 days ago
Babafemi Ojudu, Tested Loyalty And Self Overrated Stature By Adeboye Adebayo