The Government of the State of Osun has announced plan to herald the new year with fireworks.
This was contained in a statement issued on thursday by the state’s Commissioner for Youth and sports, Hon Yemi Lawal, in Osogbo, the state capital.
Hon. Lawal stated that the fireworks display is to usher the good people of the state into the new year. Stressing that the display will take the place of the state-sponsored annual countdown event which has been cancelled due to the recent surge in cases of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Commissioner disclosed the towns where the government would officially display fireworks to usher in year 2021 to include, Osogbo, Ile-Ife, Ila-Orangun, Ikirun, Iragbiji and Ilesa.
Others are Iwo, Ede, Ejigbo, Ijebu-jesa and Ikire.
In Osogbo, the display will take place at the Government House, while the palaces of the Royal father will host the lighting in the other towns.
The Commissioner added that this is a way of welcoming the year in tandem with global practice and it will be done with a view to allowing the populace to have a feel of government at all times.
- Breaking: Buhari Sacks Service Chiefs, Names Replacements
- Shafaudeen Faithfuls, Others Laud Gov Makinde On Proposed Job Creation
- Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte Resigns
- Come And Swear With Your Children If I Had Anything With You, Sunday Igboho Challenges Ojudu
- Abuja Under Siege By Bandits As DSS, Army Hunt Agitators In South-east