By Steve Oni, Ilorin,
Vice President of OMAR Patriots Society, Omu-Aran, headquaters of Irepodun local government area of Kwara state, Elder Julius Layi Afolayan, is dead.
Lamenting his demise in a statement on Thursday in Ilorin, the Kwara state capital, the Society’s President, Dr. Jimoh Oladipo, poured encomiums on the deceased, eulogising him for his invaluable contributions to the development of the Society, Omu-Aran community and Kwara state at large during his life time.
“We are saddened by his demise, but we take solace in the fact that the deceased lived a life worthy of emulation by all and sundry that he left behind.
“It would be on record that the deceased, a highly resourceful person, came, saw and conquered. He played his own part actively well in the Society as well as Omu-Aran community, making invaluable contributions that will linger on in our memory for a long time,” Dr. Oladipo reminisced.
According to the President, service of songs would hold in honour of the deceased on Friday, 28th of August, 2020 while the funeral service and interment would follow the following day, Saturday, at the Winners Chapel, Omu Aran at 11.00 am.
The deceased is survived by a wife, siblings, children and grandchildren.
- Abducted Traveller Rescued From Kidnappers In Osun
- Osun Pensioners Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements
- How Govt Officials Compelled Oluwo To Cancel My Installation As Otun Oluwo – Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile
- Party Chieftain Blames Kwara APC Crisis On Political Jobbers
- LG Chairmanship: Osun APC Ward 13 Members Drum Support For Oris, State Reasons