Pandemonium broke out in the ancient town of Ikire, the headquarters of Irewole Local Government Area of Osun State on Monday, over an obaship tussle among two ruling houses
Scores of irate youths according to information gathered by CityMirrorNews had earlier chased out Chiefs, members of Akire in Council and shut the palace of Akire of Ikireland, Oba Olatunde Falabi.
The rampaging youths besieged the place at around 10 o clock in the morning and as a result leaving residents of the town in palpable fear.
It was gathered that in a bid to restore peace in the area, soldiers were said to have been deployed to the palace , the development which agreviated the situation.
It was gathered that the youths were protesting non-implementation of the Supreme Court judgement which declared the continued stay of Oba Olatunde Falabi on the throne as illegal.
As at press time, security operatives have been deployed to the town to forestall further breakdown of law and order.
Same judgement was also delivered by the state High Court in Ikire few month ago.
Speaking, Osun State Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs Yemisi Opalola said “truly there was a crisis in Ikire but we are still for the report.”
- Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
- Osun NUJ Immortalizes Late Prominent Member, Alonge, Sets Up Foundation In Her Honour
- Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development
- COVID-19: 6 Die Of Complications As 8 Doctors Test Positive In FMC Asaba
- Osun Federated Chapel Of NUJ Expresses Sadness Over Folakemi Alonge’s Death