Suspected Ibadan serial killer, Sunday Shodipe, has been rearrested by operatives of the Oyo State Police Command.
The command’s Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO), SP Olugbenga Fadeyi, confirmed this development to newsmen in Ibadan on Sunday.
“The suspect has been rearrested and is currently in police custody,” he said.
Shodipe, 19, who is suspected to have killed over five persons at Akinyele Local Government Area of the state, escaped from the Mokola police station on Tuesday, August 11.
This prompted a wave of protests against the police, but the Commissioner of Police, Nwachukwu Enwonwu, had assured that everything had been put in place to ensure the rearrest of the suspect.
Last Thursday, a N500,000 bounty was placed on Shodipe’s head by the police.
- Gov Ikpeazu Dissolves State Executive Council
- Breaking: APC Postpones Membership Registration
- Sunday Igboho: You Can’t Threaten Us With War, Afenifere Dares ACF
- Meet Adekunle Sikiru Yakub (ABACUS); Candidate, National Publicity Secretary, Ospoly Iree Alumni Association
- Fulani Herdsmen: FG Must Treat Southwest Issue With Caution, Says Dino Melaye
News5 days ago
Osun Assistant Commissioner Of Police, 2 Officers In Trouble Over Alleged Killing Of Ram Merchant
News4 days ago
Pan Yoruba Summit: It’s Unpatriotic For Yinka Odumakin To Say They Were Not Properly Briefed, Says Adeboye Adebayo
News5 days ago
Crisis Brews In Enugu Community Over Seniority Claims
News3 days ago
Seven Kidnappers Arrested In Osun As Two Other Abducted Travellers Regain Freedom