By Ayobami Agboola, Osogbo
Angry residents of Osun State in Ede Town , Ede North Local Government Area, on Friday broke into a werehouse and carted away COVID-19 Palliatives meant for residents.
The raw food item comprising beans, noodles, sugar, salt, garri, rice, pastas among others, were allegedly meant to be distributed to the masses during the heat of COVID-19 pandemic.
The food items were packed inside large bags with COVID-19 palliative boldly inscribed on them.
CityMirrorNews gathered that the residents stormed the warehouse located within the moribund Cocoa Ceramic Industry, Ede and looted the warehouse from Friday morning till afternoon.
Speaking to CityMirrorNews, a resident, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said: “We thank God for this discovery. Could you imagine these politicians hiding these food items meant for distribution to the poor masses during the COVID-19 pandemic.”
- Abducted Traveller Rescue From Kidnappers In Osun
- Osun Pensioners Protest Over Unpaid Entitlements
- How Govt Officials Compelled Oluwo To Cancel My Installation As Otun Oluwo – Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile
- Party Chieftain Blames Kwara APC Crisis On Political Jobbers
- LG Chairmanship: Osun APC Ward 13 Members Drum Support For Oris, State Reasons